[AZ-Observing] Re: Picture of M13 - The Hercules Cluster

  • From: Steven Dodder <sdodder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Az Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 23:54:56 +0000

Great shot!  The thing I always look for in M13 images is the propeller
feature.  Lower left quadrant of the cluster is a 3-blade airplane propeller,
seen more as a lack of star concentration.  This one shows it nicely!

Steve Dodder
Coordinator, Grand Canyon Star Party, North Rim

Chairman, SAC Novice Group

Director, Stone Haven Observatory
sdodder@xxxxxxxxxxx
Visit my web site at http://www.stonehavenobservatory.com