[AZ-Observing] Re: Photoshop price

  • From: "Sam" <sam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 11:45:57 -0700

Paul -

Something to also watch out for is purchasing a suite rather than the
individual Photoshop program. My advice is to NOT purchase the suite unless
you know you are going to use the other programs (and want to upgrade them).
I made the mistake of purchasing CS2 as a suite and then found out I never
used the other programs. When I wanted to upgrade only  the Photoshop
program I was told by Adobe that I had to purchase the Suite upgrade (more
$$$). That was a bunch of BS. So I instead bought a copy Photoshop CS2 on
eBay and purchased the upgrades from there. If you decide to do that, check
to make sure which versions can be upgraded to get you to the latest
version.

IMO, Adobe's pricing for non-professionals sucks, and their customer service
policies suck even more. But that's just the wine from the sour grapes
that's talking...  ; ^)

- Sam