[AZ-Observing] Re: (OFF TOPIC) FOR SALE- NEW TMB 203 F/9 OTA & PARALLAX INSTRUMENTS MOUNT

  • From: "Norman L. Rubenstein" <nlr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 23:12:52 -0700

Dear Jack:

LOL!! Well, while it would probably be better in a permanent observatory,
since my HOA refused to allow me an exception to construct any permanent
structure in my back yard short of an entire matching Casita, I actually wa=
planning on rolling everything in-and-out my sliding glass door to my back
porch using a new electrically height adjustable pier on a wheeled base tat
I was having specially built by PWT - so it IS portable if you really want
it/need it to be. :-))

Unfortunately, both my Mom and I are on "fixed" incomes. However, we
recently learned that there truly is no such thing as "fixed" and a major
portion of our portfolio paying high rate of return was all "called" and al=
the replacements are at a much lower rate, meaning our monthly income has
just gone down substantially while our home equity line and credit card
interest rtes have gone up - and our new RE tax bill came out, and because
our property values out in Sun City Grand (in Surprise) have gone way up, s=
have our property taxes. Then, my prescription medications have also shot u=
and now run over $1,100/month. So, let's just say it was time to face
reality and forget about "dream apo systems" and get busy paying off as muc=
of our 3rd party debt as we could so we can continue to meet monthly
expenses.

I just hope that thee is still someone who is NOT in bad financial straight=
who has current dreams of a large apo system, because they can certainly ge=
a heck of a better deal right now on an incredible apo than I did when I wa=
buying it! :-))

Thanks,

Norm