[AZ-Observing] Re: Nice Night

  • From: "Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)" <mrgalaxy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 03:14:35 GMT

15480 Empire Rd.
Benson, AZ 85602
hm ph: 520-586-2244

We had a pretty good night last night here, too, though it didn't seem to be as
dark as it should have been. It had been windy all day and I thought it was
dust in the air. I just found out that there was a major human-caused fire
about 45 miles away and, of course, the breeze from it was blowing our way...

Anyway, I was able to observe a few objects in Orion, but the contrast was fair
and the seeing was pretty good. I then observed M67 under high power to see
what my magnitude limit in my 13-inch was. I estimate around 16th magnitude.

Tonight looks good, maybe less breezy and a little warmer, but the smoke from
the fire still seems to be blowing in my direction. I'm going out anyway and
see what I can see.

Clear skies,
Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)