[AZ-Observing] Re: Nice Night

  • From: Gene A Lucas <geneluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 12:12:53 -0700

Was out on my North-NE facing balcony here in Fountain Hills for about
an hour last night, ca. 2 - 3 am.
Temperature was balmy.  Broken clouds over most of the sky.  Jupiter
seemed abnormally bright (when not in cloud).
The Pleaides and Aldebaran (face of the Bull) were bright, too. Watched
the fountain go up and down...
Chased off several flying bats, and saw only one (1) bright, short
meteor, waaay to the north right on the horizon.
So far the "shower" is a bust... but then, I have not been able to see
many of the fainter "zips" in past years... Too many lights from the
neighbors.
Gene Lucas
(17250)