[AZ-Observing] Re: Nice Night

  • From: "Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)" <mrgalaxy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 17:36:27 GMT

15480 Empire Rd.
Benson, AZ 85602
hm ph: 520-586-2244
It's been nice down here the past couple nights, too, as long as you were
willing and able to stay up late!

Although it rained early in the day, it cleared up nicely later. I pulled out
the lounge chair for a couple hours on Monday and Tuesday nights and had a very
enjoyable (and even a little cool!) time scanning the sky with my unaided eyes
watching for some early Perseids. Monday night I was out from about 10pm to 12
midnight, while on Tuesday evening it cleared up later and I was out from 3am
to 4:30am. For all the forecasts that this is going to be a good shower, it
will have to peak quickly because I didn't see many meteors either night (about
a dozen each outing), but I saw more Perseids on Monday, while the sporadics on
Tuesday were better. The skies from my backyard were very steady and clear, and
Tuesday night was drier than Monday. I was able to see M33 with my naked eye on
Tuesday.

Clear skies,
Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)