[AZ-Observing] Re: Nexstar Telescopes

  • From: <beevo1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 9:41:36 -0700

I concur on the Autostar menu structure, they could have though a little harder
berfore writing any code....

Beevo

---- Steve Coe <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

=============
Ken, et al;

I have exactly the opposite opinion.  I find the Celestron/Synta command
structure to be easy to use and my three scopes and mounts with that =
system
find the object they are pointing at with excellent accuracy.

I have spent enough time with the Meade Autostar system to declare that =
will never use it again.  I found it very difficult to do the simplest =
tasks
and that commands I wanted at my fingertips were at the bottom of a long
tree and branches.  It took lots of time and effort to "drill down" to =
what
was needed.

Hope that helps;
Steve Coe