[AZ-Observing] Re: New CGEM mount on order from Starizona

  • From: <kevin.kozel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 9:31:51 -0500

The CGEM is apply named, gentlemen.  It really is a Gem.  I've had mine since
March of this year and still haven't used it to its full capacity.  The polar
alignment is spot-on each and every time, It is very strong and accurate and
easy to use.  I got it so I would not have to upgrade to anything else at any
time.  It's just too bad I can't get out more ofter to use it; I still have a
full time job and three years until retirement.  My CGEM works fine in the back
yard, and my chain saw needs a tune-up to help me increase my horizon from the
back yard!
Kevin Kozel.
---- Jim <james.t.waters@xxxxxxx> wrote:

When you get the mount make sure you have Starizona check it out and make
sure the MC and Hand Controller is up to date.  If not have them update the
firmware.  If you ordered an AC to DC adapter make sure to "never get it wet
and protect it for dew"...etc.  Any moisture will short it out sending low
AC voltage to the mount.  This happened to me and I had to replace the MC
board.

Jim