[AZ-Observing] Moving Sentinel-Schwaar Star Gaze to November

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 10:44:47 -0700

Howdy Arizona Observers;
Paul Dickson recently reminded me that I had considered moving the
Sentinel-Schwaar Star Gaze to a date in November, thank you for reminding me.
I do believe that having the Sentinel-Schwaar Star Gaze moved to November will
be a good idea.  I know that several good things will come from this:  we will
stop having two major star parties (Messier and Sentinel) in the Spring, we
will stop roasting in the Arizona Sun during the day on Saturday and this will
give us a whole new set of objects to observe during the dark hours.

Right now, I think that Nov. 21 and 22 will work great for 2003, so let's give
it a try.

In the future will keep it away from Thanksgiving weekend and the All-Az Star
Party weekend, which might mean that the star gaze might slip into early
December every once in a while, but I also think that will be OK.

Let me have some input, please;
Steve Coe

Author "Deep Sky Observing--The Astronomical Tourist"
Saguaro Astronomy Club website
www.saguaroastro.org