[AZ-Observing] Re: Mars Party

  • From: "Jack Jones" <spicastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 19:53:58 -0700

I have to agree with that. Club members will be at ASU West and ASC tonight
(bringing scopes), and Friday night at ASU Tempe from 9-11 (they have their
own scopes). We had a Public Star Party August 15 (clouded out) and Novice
Star Party August 23 (likewise). We have a Public Star Party coming up
October 4 at Thunderbird Park, where Mars will still be brighter than
Jupiter and larger than Saturn's disk (NOT to be clouded out). We have Club
info sheets at Mr. Telescope, the Guild Camera Shop and Fry's Electronics,
as well as hand out info sheets at the events. I  get many calls for info on
Mars, any events, and the Club in general, so we are quite visible. I'm sure
the other Astronomy Clubs are doing much the same thing. Got to make hay
while the sun shines. Unfortunately the Moon, stars, and planets need to
take a lesson from the sun.

Jack Jones
Saguaro Astronomy Club
Public Events