[AZ-Observing] Re: Mars Party

  • From: "Jones, Jack (AZ75)" <jack.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 11:56:46 -0700

The ASU West Mars Mania last night had about 300 students, some parents etc,
and only 3 telescopes for a constant 30/line lined up to see it. The
neighbors were also interested when I went home to pick up my telescope, so
I put it out on the sidewalk for a quick viewing and never made it back.
ASU Tempe will have theirs Aug 29 and a repeat on Sept 5. Friday the 5th or
Saturday the 6th would be good for a public get together somewhere, but
don't know where we would do it, maybe ASC again. Steve D. and Christine,
how did it go? Get inundated?

Jack