[AZ-Observing] Re: MM date limits (again)

  • From: "Jones, Jack (AZ75)" <jack.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 16:05:17 -0700

High mags and a tiny field of view make for a very dark background fov, and
is something you should try in the gathering twilight (esp. w/a 72-inch
wow). Also a hood over the head is going to be good for preventing back
reflections - anything to increase contrast. There is supposedly an optimal
detection mag (and exit pupil) but most scopes are way too low. Search on
Mel Bartels or goto:

http://members.efn.org/~mbartels/aa/visual.html

Which may have been posted here before.

Jack