[AZ-Observing] Re: MAG Meeting Today

  • From: stanlep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 08:40:03 -0700 (MST)

Hi Howard,
I am glad to see there were a few more attending than I know. I was the
individual in the yellow shirt sitting to Jeff Hopkin's left. I never met
Howard Israel. I only remember him (but not his face) from one EVAC
meeting I attended. It is good someone is attending all the meetings. As I
mentioned, I really do not have much of a stake in what is happening in
Maricopa county, except to the degree lax dark sky codes adopted by
Maricopa county may be used as a model by other rural counties in the
state.

Where in NM is your remote observatory going to be? If it will cost less
than the cost of two high end SBIG cameras, you must be intending to put
up a single level observatory.
Stan