[AZ-Observing] Re: Juno Launch from New Mexico

  • From: <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 16:24:45 -0700

Thanks Steve, Rick,

It's an interesting trade-off...at this particular launch time, the contrail
was bright white in a colorful sky, with just a small hint of rainbow shimmer
at the tail end. Perhaps a half hour earlier, it would likely have been a more
colorful contrail in a subdued sky. I'll take either! :)

Some still photos here:
http://www.perezmedia.net/beltofvenus/archives/001472.html

Jeremy