[AZ-Observing] Re: Joe Orman's - APOTD

  • From: Joe Orman <joe.orman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 19:36:24 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for letting me know; the folks at Astronomy Magazine didn't notify me
about it.  FYI, the photo was taken on June 11, 1999 near the Vekol Road site
(for this kind of star trail shot, you need very dark skies to the south).  In
the uncropped version on my web site, you can also see Mars and Spica in the
upper right:
http://pages.prodigy.net/pam.orman/joetrails/Trails_01.html

--Joe

Joe Orman's Photo Pages:
http://pages.prodigy.net/pam.orman/JoeGallery.html

Neville Cole  wrote:
There's a Joe Orman picture up on Astronomy mag's picture of the day:

http://www.astronomy.com/asy/default.aspx?c=ga&id=99&aid=2424

Neville