[AZ-Observing] Re: I'll never return to KOFA--I promise!

  • From: "Tejera, Rick" <rtejera@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 11:12:19 -0500

I did some looking on MS streets and it looks like the site we observed from
last Feb (N33.50894 W113.76686 was within 100 feet of the El Paso NAtural
gas Access Rd. This was the east-west road at the cross roads we camped at.
Looking further, this rod continues east out of the KOFA Wilderness area
onto BLM land. we were less than 1 1/2 miles from the eastern border of the
wilderness Area. It looks like a suitable area might be found just east of
the KOFA area. this area would also be accessable from the Hovatter Rd exit
on I-10. It's about 11 miles on Hovatter Rd vs.9.5 from Vicksburg Rd. You
also have to consider it's 9 miles from Hovatter Rd to Vicksburg Rd.

Might be something to look into. Maybe we can get a "survey party" together
to scope the area. Although the drive is similar to Sentinel, The drive west
is a lot easier than dealing with SR 85.

MTCW

Clear Skies
Rick Tejera
Editor SACnews