[AZ-Observing] Re: I'll never return to KOFA--I promise!

  • From: "Jack Jones" <spicastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 16:43:03 -0700

I found the brochure and found the prohibition, on the back of two tons
of other regulations in the subsection on camping. We weren't more than
100 ft off the dirt road or right at it for observing, but not by
design. We did explore the other side of the road which was a
well-traveled dirt two-track looping back about 1/4 mile, whoops. We
were concerned mostly with the rock collecting regulations, no more than
10 rocks or 10 pounds whichever came first, it said.

I suppose I would go there again, being the darkest of places, showing
solid black on the Sky Clock webpage light pollution graph. Other sites
show as blue or borderline blue/black.

Jack Jones
Saguaro Astronomy Club
Lunar List Awards and