[AZ-Observing] Re: I'll never return to KOFA--I promise!

  • From: Tom Polakis <polakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2002 21:16:59 -0700

Steve,

I am looking at the Gazeteer, and it seems like the Kofa Wilderness Area is
surrounded by BLM land.  Isn't there some place where you could set up on
the BLM that's not in the wilderness area?  Has anybody scoped this part of
the state out for alternative observing sites?

For the record, while I think the $150 fine is a bit stiff if you were only
scoping, I fully agree with with the policy of keeping vehicles completely
off of wilderness areas.

The subject of finding observing sites in Arizona could not be any more
on-topic for a mailing list named "AZ-Observing."

Tom

---

Tom Polakis
Tempe, AZ