[AZ-Observing] Re: ISS Flyover for Ball Game?

  • From: "Tom Polakis" <polakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Reply-To:az-observing"@freelists.org
  • Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 14:21:05 -0700

> If I heard correctly, the radio said the Diamondbacks "requested" an ISS
> flyover to precede a requested F-16 flyover at Bank One Ballpark
> tonight.

Yeah, right.  The ISS will do a sudden course correction so they can fly
over BOB.  If they would have said Yankee Stadium, maybe, given their
power.  Anyway, the game doesn't start until 8:00 (11:00 EST!) due to the
aforementioned evil team from NYC.

Bernie Sanden and I found that Vega can be seen with difficulty by
experienced observers during night games.

Tom

messages.  Thanks.