[AZ-Observing] Re: Hour of Darkness from Science Center

  • From: Joe Bergeron <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 10:19:26 -0700

On Mar 30, 2008, at 9:06 AM, Rick Tejera wrote:

> As for the PFD, That's why I have a cheap (Actually free) old 20mm
> Edmund
> Ortho eyepiece. That's what goes in the scope during public SP's. I
> don't;
> have to worry about fingerprints & such on the $200 chunks-o-glass.

This is a common strategy, but I don't see the need for it. No one is
likely to leave anything on my eyepieces that won't clean up very
easily. The only reason I even bothered to thumb off the thickening
deposits was that it was hurting the quality of the view.

Joe Bergeron

Fellow, International Association of Astronomical Artists

http://www.joebergeron.com