[AZ-Observing] Re: Geminid meteor shower

  • From: "Jon Christensen" <jonc97@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 22:23:58 -0700

I was the only person still observing by 3 a.m. at Vekol and I saw the quite
a few meteors at that time.  Quite a show.   The dew never affected my
astrograph, and I kept shooting all night until 5:00 a.m.  I regretted not
being able to make it all the way to Sentinel because of not receiving some
car parts overnight on Saturday like I was supposed to.  But it all worked
out well, as I finally had a chance to meet Astrophotographer Richard Jacobs
and found him to be  a very knowledgeable and likeable person.

Jon Christensen