[AZ-Observing] Re: Sentinel was WET!!

  • From: "Jack Jones" <Telescoper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 23:10:42 -0700

Phx is now the fifth-largest city in the U.S, but this is not a good time of
year for the Phx light dome. Aside from all the new subdivisions on the west
side, Verrado etc, think of those millions of Christmas lights added in plus
all the Malls have put up their giant light towers in the parking lots so the
muggers can see the best targets I mean so's you won't get mugged on your way
to the car.

Jack

Sp@m:  Don't try - Don't buy - Don't reply.

>I was amazed by the Phoenix light dome from Sentinel.  I had driven about
140 miles south and west from home and Phx still loomed large.  I don't
remember the dome being so big compared to my last visit to Sentinel over a
year ago.

Bill Wood
Fountain Hills, AZ