[AZ-Observing] Re: Geminid meteor shower

  • From: Andrew Cooper <acooper@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 21:58:16 -0700

Saturday night at Sentinel we were getting rates well in excess of  "a
few per hour".  Around 3am when I finally gave up defogging Violet's
secondary and eyepiece every observation I put the gear away and Dean
and I just watched the shower for a while.  We were averaging much
better than one a minute with a couple good flurries above two a minute
sustained for good periods, you would have thought we were watching the
peak a day later.  Quite a few good sporadics or members of the other
five showers going on at the time.

What does this mean for tomorrow morning?

Andrew