[AZ-Observing] Re: GCSP

  • From: "Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)" <mrgalaxy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 02:16:42 GMT

15480 Empire Rd.
Benson, AZ 85602
hm ph: 520-586-2244 I've been reading Jim O'Connors and Dean Ketelsen's reports
for the past week in the TAAA listserver and on Dean's blog. Sounds like
they've had the same schmutz up there as I have been seeing down here for a
while. I thought it was smoke and dust, but apparently something higher in the
atmosphere which Brian Skiff has commented on before. Despite the apparently
indifferent skies, the seeing has been good (able to resolve a few subarcsecond
double stars) and the transparency quite good the past couple weeks. I was
actually distracted by the small IC galaxy near M57 while I was observing the
Ring. Ordinarily it's a challenge to see the galaxy. Also the details in the
Veil Nebula without filters was as good as I've seen anywhere.
Clear skies,
Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)