[AZ-Observing] Re: Friday night

  • From: "Gene A. Lucas" <geneluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 12:16:11 -0700

When I drove over to town for a paper this morning, I noticed frozen
drops on my windshield...
The guy at the qwik market said it actually snowed (a few flakes...)
last night up here in Fountain Hills...(!)
It started out partly cloudy, with a big rainstorm up to the north over
the mountains in late afternoon.
It sure was cold!  It's only 40 degrees F downstairs in my uninsulated
workroom under the balcony.
But all the snow that was on the Four Peaks and the mountains up towards
Payson is gone today...
No white stuff on the McDowells, either... Probably all the rain we've
had. (Well over an inch this past week.)
My brother in Lakeland, Florida said it was 80 degrees and sunny back
there....
Cheers,
Gene Lucas
(17250)