[AZ-Observing] Flat Iron last night

  • From: Andrew Goodwin <a.goodwin1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 11:25:10 -0700

   It was COLD. My truck read ICE and only reached 31 degrees when I
neared Buckeye. Here is what the buckeye weather site reported.

Updated: 6:52 AM MST
Observed at 201st Avenue & McDowell, Buckeye, Arizona
Temperature    24.9 degrees F
Humidity         39%
Dew Point       3 degrees F
Wind              Calm
Conditions      Clear

  Flat Iron was most certainly colder. My fingers and toes were numb.
The mystery astronomer was Steve Rodgers with his 12" Orion
Intelliscope. And he and myself had to call it at 9:30. Steve had his
latest toy that measures sky conditions that read in the 20's. I hope he
will post the actual numbers and what they mean. My control box for my
10" Intelliscope started acting up in the cold or perhaps due to the
lack of feeling in my fingers was the problem.

Clear Skies and warmer nights.

Andrew Goodwin