[AZ-Observing] Re: Equipment assessments

  • From: "J. D MADDY" <maddy0485@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 15:37:10 -0700

I've have the Starizona SCT corrector. It seems to work fine with photos. I've
used it once or twice visually and it seems to work OK. It's pricier than a 6.3
corrector from Celestron or Meade. But, you get what you pay for. It's easier
for me to use a 72 degree 36mm Hyperion on my SCTs. That gives me about a 6
tenths of a degree field of view in the 11. The Sun or the Moon just about fill
up the eyepiece on my 11 incher.
JD Maddy
Clarkdale, AZ