[AZ-Observing] Comprehensive trip report: eclipse viewed from the "northlands"

  • From: Bob Christ <bchrist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 09:18:26 -0700

Location: I trekked north and set up next to J D and Karen Maddy at the Lone
Rock Campground, on high ground, above the Wahweap Bay section of Lake Powell
in UT, located just a tad beyond the Arizona border.  J D scouted this site
earlier this year and it proved to be wonderfully situated to view the eclipse.

Report: WOWnth!  "Nuff-said."

With J D's assistance, I even managed to take my first-ever astrophotos.

Bob Christ