[AZ-Observing] Re: Comprehensive trip report: eclipse viewed from the "northlands"

  • From: Frank OGorman <fogastro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 15:50:22 -0700 (PDT)

I couldn't leave town, so I setup my scope in the driveway in Peoria and
entertained the neighbors. It was a great Sidewalk Astronomy event, and no
light polution.
I found the view through the plastic solar sunglasses as riveting as through
the telescope. The kid next door got some great shots thru the eyepiece with
his iPOD's camera - all in all a very fun event, and looking forward to the
Venus transit in a few weeks.

Frank