[AZ-Observing] Re: Comet Garradd and Jupiter

  • From: "Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)" <mrgalaxy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 21:37:40 GMT

15480 Empire Rd.
Benson, AZ 85602
hm ph: 520-586-2244

The comet is probably not favorable for in-town viewing, but when you guys go
to your favorite observing site it should be easily detectable. As I said I saw
it in 10x50 binocs and in my 60mm finder and it appeared a bit fainter,
somewhat larger and more nebulous than M15 which was on the edge of the field
of view of those instruments. It was much nicer in my 13-inch, though no really
long extended tail was seen. That will be more obvious when the comet
approaches the sun in the January timeframe. So if you have an idea where M15
(in Pegasus) is, the comet is still a nice sight and should get better.

Clear skies,
Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)