[AZ-Observing] Re: Comet Garradd and Jupiter

  • From: Howard Anderson <handy13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 06:58:47 -0700

Hi,

If I am interpreting Megastar correctly, the comet will be brightest
around 1 Jan but will be obscured by the sun at that time?  Looks like
a good object for viewing currently though.  Probably optimal for
viewing currently with the transit nearly overhead but 40 degrees
 or so north of the Zenith?  For me, that is in the middle of the
Phoenix light dome...  :-)

Today:

Magnitude 8.6
21:09:39.3