[AZ-Observing] Re: Collimation Consensus

  • From: ketelsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 23:44:08 -0700

I often use an F/3.5 Newt photographically, and my "secret", if there
is one, is
to put a little 1/16" hole exactly opposite the focuser (need to remove the
secondary to put the laser on it) to square-on the focuser first, then replace
the secondary to align the spot on the primary, then align the primary to
return the beam to the focuser...

-Dean