[AZ-Observing] Re: Collimation Consensus

  • From: Steve D. <fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 22:11:42 -0700

I use a single beam laser to collimate my 20" F/4.3, just to make sure it's
close, then tweak it with a star test.  The laser gets me very close, very
fast, and the star test works perfectly in less time as a result.  Hope that
helps.

Steve Dodder
Chairman, SAC Novice Group
Coordinator, Grand Canyon Star Party, North Rim
Director, Stone Haven Observatory

fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.stargazing.net/Astroman