[AZ-Observing] Re: Cherry Road Saturday

  • From: AJ Crayon <acrayon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 18:50:41 -0700

Brian, there will be some aurora Phoenicis visible on the southern
horizon but, in my estimation, not enough to detract from great
viewing.  This despite the fact I've been there only once and then at
the original site Steve Coe, Joe Goss and I found which is a bit farther
down the road to the south.

I'm definately (see prior xcn) going there for Saturday night and will
test it out.

Hope to see you there,
aj

"Workman, Brian (AZ76)" wrote:

> If one were planning on working the Southern sky (Scorpius, Sagittarius,
> etc), would Cherry road still provide a good view, or does the glow from
> Phoenix get in the way?
>
> BJW
> ---
---