[AZ-Observing] Re: Cherry Rd last night - WOW!

  • From: Brian Skiff <Brian.Skiff@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 12:01:07 -0700 (MST)

>>  Last night at Cherry Rd was, perhaps, the best observing conditions I
>>  can remember.  Clear, cool, dry and a very slight breeze from time to
>>  time.  I rated the seeing and transparency as an easy 7/10 for both and
>>  I could easily be talked into 8/10!

     Although I appreciate AJ's enthusiasm, I do want to remind everyone
that last night was not the least bit exceptional.  We've had more than
30 such nights since late May, including the 12 consecutive cloudfree
nights (and days) prior to last night.  And they've all been pretty much
indistinguishable in terms of seeing and transparency as long as you
weren't directly under the Cave Creek smoke plume, which was very localized.

\Brian