[AZ-Observing] Cherry Rd last night - WOW!

  • From: AJ Crayon <acrayon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 10:40:34 -0700

Last night at Cherry Rd was, perhaps, the best observing conditions I
can remember.  Clear, cool, dry and a very slight breeze from time to
time.  I rated the seeing and transparency as an easy 7/10 for both and
I could easily be talked into 8/10!  Stars could be seen down to about
10deg above horizon.  We had a number of folks there, David
Fredericksen, Andres Goodwin, Dwight Bogan, Paul Lind, Thad Robosson,
Chuck Akers and Rick Tejera.  Who did I miss?

I made a number of galaxy observations in Draco, all from 220X to 290X
in the 14.5"