[AZ-Observing] Re: Cherry Rd Monday Nite

  • From: Brian Skiff <Brian.Skiff@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 17:02:28 -0700 (MST)

>>  Here is a shot of the brightest part of the Sagittarius
>>  cloud from Antelope Park with the 9" Schmidt...
>>  http://azastrophotography.com/Sagittarius%20Cloud.htm

     Assuming it's real, notice the gradient of color across the image,
going from the relatively obscured and reddened regions on the right
side to the less-reddened, bluish-looking background toward the left.
     Where is NGC 6540 in this image (I haven't found it yet).  Also,
rather than counting stars, someone might look for the numerous planetary
nebulae, which presumably will show as red stars.  Are they bright enough,
and is there enough angular resolution?

\Brian