[AZ-Observing] Re: By The Light of The Southerly Moon

  • From: "Mark Wyzenbeek" <markwyz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 17:31:44 -0700

Not the magazine, but that led me to check the Skywatchers Bulletin
which links to the story here :
http://skyandtelescope.com/observing/highlights/article_1472_1.asp

This text from the last paragraph tells what to look for when:

"We're in one of those extreme periods from now through 2007. For
Northern Hemisphere residents, the full Moon of June rides remarkably
low, the full Moon of December rides remarkably high, and in March, the
first-quarter Moon (which is on the meridian around sunset) is at its
highest possible declination. Go out and take a look."

Mark