[AZ-Observing] Re: 5 Mile Meadow----special permit possibly needed....

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 10:13:10 -0700

Thad;

I had made it clear to the ranger last weekend that we had no intention of
driving onto the meadow and that we were going to move the scopes out into
the meadow to use them and leave our vehicles in the treeline.  She said
that would be just fine.

One piece of equipment that might be of use to folks this weekend is a
folding table.  If you are used to working off the tailgate of your vehicle,
then a folding table will make a big difference when it comes time to use
your scope and keep equipment off of the ground.

Take care;
Steve

Author "Deep Sky Observing--The Astronomical Tourist"
Saguaro Astronomy Club website
www.saguaroastro.org