[AZ-Observing] 5 Mile Meadow----special permit possibly needed....

  • From: "Thad Robosson" <starstarcracker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 07:06:01 -0700

Hello everyone,

I just got off the phone with the Mogollon Rim Ranger Station and asked
about
our use of Buck Butte Meadow (5 Mile Meadow).  The nice lady ranger seemed
a bit surprised that another ranger had given an OK about driving onto
the edge of the
meadow, as the restriction clearly states that motor vehicles are not to
be driven off
of the forest roads.  Anyway, she would not give verbal permission, and
stated that it
would be up to a Mr. Henry Brill if a permit could/would be issued for
the group to do this.
I was told to expect his call this morning, and I'll post accordingly.
It is thought that if a
permit is issued it would likely not cost anything, and would apply to
the group as a whole.

Glad I called this morning....

Thad