[AZ-Observing] Re: 486 488 501

  • From: Jeff Hopkins <phxjeff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 10:46:15 -0700

>I saw a sunspot group on the solar limb - 488? It does not appear too
>impressively large.
>There is a group close to the center of the solar disk -501(?).
>Stan

I haven't ventured out to my scope, but did look at the Space Weather
and SOHO web pages. On the Space Weather page it labels the main spot
set close to the center as 484 with no sign of the one at the limb.
http://spaceweather.com/

On the SOHO site on an image taken today the center spot is labeled
0501. There are 0502 0503 to the right and a 0504 to the left. No
spot is shown on the limb.
http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/

The latest continuum shots show a fairly large spot on the limb to
the left. No number that i could find.

Jeff
--
                                      Jeff Hopkins