<USS Avalon> Walk-About

  • From: CptKetchum@xxxxxxx
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 11:16:09 EST

Walk-About
By Fleet Captain Keith Ketchum and Junior Lieutenant  Phillipa Waterson

Keith  had been just walking along the deck, he had not really wanted to head
up to the  bridge at the moment when Skyler first called, so he tried to put
her off in  saying he would be up after a stop.

Walking to the console he asked,  "Computer, please locate Lieutenant Joshua
Garrity."

"Joshua Garrity is  in Holodeck 4", replied the computer.

"At least he isn't working, after  his first shift after getting back",
thought Keith.

He walked along and  was going to pay him a visit in the holodeck but as he
rounded the corner, he  say a rather unique woman come out of Holodeck 3, "Look
out Avalon," she said as  she stepped out, "Here comes Maggie!"

He turned on his heel and walked  the other way, not sure quite what to make
of that, and when he did, he almost  ran into Phillipa.

"Sorry, Sir."

"No it is my fault, that is what  I get for turning around and trying to run
people over."

She  smiled.

"So, how are things?"

"Things are quite well sir, I was  just heading to Sickbay, a little
round-about way, but heading there none the  less."

"I hope everything is ok", he asked questionably.

"Oh, I  think it is", as she absently patted her stomach.

"Not you too?"  He  mentally counted the reports or rumors of reports in his
head.  "I'm gonna  have to order a bigger ship."

She chuckled, "Well, I better get going, I  do have an appointment with
Doctor McEntire."

"Captain Ketchum, please  report to the bridge immediately. We have
encountered the ship sending out the  distress call."

He shook his head, "Good luck, Ms. Waterson."  He  tapped the wall comm,
"Skyler, this is Ketchum, on my way."  Josh would  have to wait for another
day.