<USS Avalon> Taking Real Control

  • From: CptKetchum@xxxxxxx
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 17:14:43 EST

Taking Real Control
By Captain Keith Ketchum

Keith stood on the bridge waiting for some sort of information from Commander
Sierra.  He turned to see the Counselor, Lieutenant McKinsely standing on the
upper level outside the turbolift.  He watched as Commander Sierra rose from
the Captain's seat, and Keith sat into it, and gave a look which could kill,
if he had the ability.

"Commander, I appreciate your attentiveness to the detail that Commander
Skyler was just out flying us around.  However, you were treading on dangerous
ground."

He hoped that Javan would not interrupt.

"I believe that possibly you were justified in having Skyler removed from the
bridge under the notion of mutiny.  However, your actions could also be
construed as mutiny.”

Keith looked over at Caine, and at the same moment the turbolift opened.
Skyler walked out from it.

“Ah Commander Skyler, so glad you could join us.  I was just talking to
Commander Sierra here about some things.”  He also gave Commander Skyler a
look,
that she shouldn’t say anything.  “I believe that at this moment the bridge
is
in capable hands, Mine.”

He closed his eyes for a moment as if drawing his thoughts.  Once he opened
them, he looked at each squarely, “It has come to my attention that there is
too much stress between the two of you, and it has no place on my bridge.  I
suggest that you get past all your petty issues if you want to work as part of
the team.  That being said, I am having you both placed on Administrative Leave
pending results from an investigation as to what happened here today.  I
suggest you take this time to work through your issues, and we will talk again
when
I get the results.  Now, do I have to have security escort you to your
quarters?  Or are you leaving of your own free accord?  And if I hear of any
verbal
outbreak between the two of you again, you will remain in the Brig, this
time.”
  This time he looked squarely at Skyler.

He just waited for one of them to try to oppose him.  “Lieutenant McKinsely,
may I have a moment with you.”  Keith turned to Michaelson at the Helm, “
Ensign Michaelson, resume speed, and change course to 152 Mark 9.”

“Ensign Shimbrodus, can you contact Mr. White Feather and Dr. Roan and have
them report to the Bridge, please”

Time would tell, he knew, Time would tell.