<USS Avalon> New Orders by Dr. Brookman and Dr. Cazook

  • From: Anthony Manson <circus_ofde_damned@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Avalon Sim <avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 01:32:04 -0700 (PDT)

New Orders
by Doctor Brookman and Doctor Cazook

Brookman read the report Doctor Cazook had transmitted to him. It took him only
a few moments to get the important information, and what he saw shouldn't have
happened. He looked at the screen, "you said they both acted strange, Doctor?"

Cazook nodded. She was in her quarters which were well lit, "yes. They seem to
have maybe gotten a small recollection of the memories."

Brookman pondered at this, tapping the pen to his chin, "I donâ??t see whatâ??s
the matter. The procedure should have worked."

Dr. Cazook looked back at her notes and then back at the viewscreen. "All I can
say is thay when the two women saw each other, there was a distinct reaction.
Especially from Lt. Marksbury. She acted the most vehemently. Cmdr Skyler's
reaction was more subdued, but there all the same. It became more apparent when
she went to help the Lieutenant and was in physical contact with her. I am sure
that this was in part due to her Betazoid personality. Yet, she went through
the procedure twice, and as you say, this should not have happened. I am at a
loss for words or understanding how this could happen."

Alexis looked at Dr. Brookman as if he could impart some wise bit of knowledge
directly through the view screen, that would help her to come to some sort of
reason for this to have happened. If he didn't have an answer, then how was she
supposed to have an answer. After all, he was the expert in the field.

"Give me a moment, Doctor." Cazook nodded at the response and the screen went
blank again. After a few minutes the doctor came back on. "Your orders have
been changed."

"Is that wise, Doctor? I mean, I can help concerning ship wide, but I donâ??t
see how I could help with the two of them."

"As I see it Doctor, you are the most qualified to handle this situation. Here
are your orders, Iâ??ve changed them and have updated Intel on it. As a Doctor,
and a Commodore that works with Intel, itâ??s within my prerogative to act
accordingly. You will assist Lieutenant Marksbury and Commander Skyler no
matter how insignificant. If they object to you assistance, you are to use you
best judgment and assess the situation for what it is. As for the memory, I'm
transferring you some notes I've taken. Look over them, they should be helpful."

Dr. Cazook soon heard her computer console beep as her new orders and the notes
that Dr. Brookman was transferring had arrived. She still wasn't sure exactly
how she was supposed to go about helping just these two women, when she could
be helping everyone on the ship, but she had her orders.

"The notes have just arrived. I will review them as soon as possible. Hopefully
they will give me some insight into what is going on, so that I can help these
poor women. Lt. Marksbury seems to be suffering the worst of it. Although I am
sure Cmdr Skyler is doing her best to hold back and not let it affect her. I am
sure that she can't keep those walls up forever. Sooner or later they will come
tumbling down and then she will need as much help if not more, than the
Lieutenant. I will do what I can and keep you posted. Keep your finger's
crossed that this is just a one time incident."

Alexis thought to herself, I can't let it be more than a one time incident. I
have to keep them from ever remembering each other in one shape or another.

"Keep a sharp eye on them, Doctor. We cannot have them recalling anything about
each other." Brookman nodded and the screen went blank.