<USS Avalon> Final Approach and Engagement

  • From: CptKetchum@xxxxxxx
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 21:11:41 EST

Final Approach and Engagement
By Captain Keith Ketchum, Lieutenant Commander Anthony Manson, Senior
Lieutenant Alder Shimbrodus, Junior Lieutenant James Monroe and Junior
Lieutenant
Phillipa Waterson.

The Avalon approached the coordinates of the Ferengi Marauder that supposedly
had the Romulan scientist aboard.

Keith sat in his office until about an hour before their arrival; then made
his way to the bridge at a leisurely pace.  Upon entering the bridge, he walked
to his seat, and looked over at Anthony who was watching the viewscreen.

"Status, Mr. Manson?"

"About thirty minutes until arrival, Captain."

"Good, go to Yellow Alert", leaning forward to check who was at Tactical and
Ops, then setting back into his seat.

"Yes, Sir, Yellow Alert", tapping the button on the chair.  "Tactical, what
is the status of the shields?"

"Shields are now up, and at 100 percent", replied Monroe.

"All Departments are showing green on the display, Commander", advised Alder
without being asked.

"Thank you, Alder", Manson nodded.

"Ms. Waterson, take us in", Anthony leaned forward his forearms resting on
his legs.

Keith watched him, making mental notes.  Someday, Anthony would make a good
Executive Officer, and probably an excellent Captain.

"I have the Marauder on sensors."

"On Screen", both Anthony and Keith advised at the same time.

The screen changed to show the Marauder.

"Prepare to open a channel, Mr. Shimbrodus, when we are closer", Keith stood
and walked to right behind Phillipa at flight control.

Alder nodded as he, "the Marauder has detected us. They're raising shields."

"Hail them, Mr. Shimbrodus," Keith replied cooly.

A few quick commands, and Alder nodded comfirming an opened channel. Keith
got up from his seat, "Ferengi Marauder, this is the U.S.S. Avalon. Under
Starfleet Inspection guidelines, you are to lower your shields and prepared to
be
scanned."

DaiMon Lenik suddenly appeared on the screen, the view close to his face,
"This is DaiMon Lenik. We are on a trade mission and are here to rendevous with
Bolian freigther."

"No ships were reported to come by this way, DaiMon Lenik," Anthony responded
behind Ketchum.

"That is none of your concerns, hew-mons. And a Starfleet Inspection would
not be authorized unless I have broke some sort of regulations. Of what
accusations do you have for this act?" Lenik narrowed his eyes.

"There is no accusation, Lenik," Keith gave him a stern look, "Being a
Starfleet captain, and traveling through our space makes it my concern. Now
then, I
will ask one more time, lower your sheilds."

There were a few hurried bleeps, followed by a klaxon, Phillipa looked up
from her console, "Captain, something has been beamed a board."

"What is..."

"T'PEX! I'LL SEE YOUR..."

"Captain, Im picking up a second Marauder on attack vector."

"Red Alert," Anthony interjected.

Closing the comm for a moment, trying to get his thoughts straight, "Mr.
Shimbrodus, determine the location of whatever beamed aboard.  Alert Sierra and
Marksbury and send in Security to assertain.  Ms. Waterson what is the time
until the second Marauder's arrival?"

Reopening the Comm, "Lenik, it appears that you do have something that would
trigger an inspection, perhaps holding prisoners of the Romulan Empire.  Now,
I could let you go and allow the Romulan Fleet that is waiting on the other
side of the Neutral Zone to come and get you, or you could stand down, and
prepare to be scanned."

"Threats! I will not succumb to hew-mon attempts at scaring me! Raise
shields," Lenik barked and then gave Ketchum a sneering smile, "we will see who
is
the better ship."

"See you in Hell", closing the channel and turning, "Mr. Monroe, prepare
quantum torpedoes and phasers.  Take out their shield generators and engines.
Try
not to blow the ship up."