<USS Avalon> Calling Ken

  • From: KARGSuvwltaj@xxxxxxx
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 12:46:49 EDT

Calling Ken
(part 3 of Shore Leave)

Sitting at his father's desk, Karg turned the View Screen so that Nerys could
see it too. "Computer, tie in to Star Fleet Operations."
"Working."
In a moment, a young lieutenant appears on the Com. "Operations."
"I am Lt. Cmdr. Karg of the Avalon. I'd like a subspace connection to the
Klingon vessel Dark Claw. I want to speak to Major K’Ehneth."
"The reason for your call, Commander?"
Karg stares at the lieutenant till it has an effect. "Family business, the
major and I are related to Chancellor Martok."
That did the trick. "Oh . . . the connection will take a few minutes, sir."

Nerys pressed the mute button and asked, "Do you always play your trump
card?"
"Oh, he was just being a pain in the ass. If his Com traffic were full, he
would have told me right away. Even a civilian could have gotten that
connection."

In a moment, Karg’s brother appeared on the screen. "Hey, little brother,
what are you up to?"
"Nerys, this is my brother, Major K’Ehneth. Ken, this is my fiancé, Colonel
Kira."
After exchanging pleasantries, Nerys asks, "Can you get some time off Ken? Is
it really Ken?"
"Yeah, my human friends started calling me that when they thought my name was
Kenneth. What do I need time off for?"
Karg is smiling at his brother, "To be my best man."
"Oh colonel . . . you're not going to marry this guy when you could have a
real man like . . . say . . . me."
Kira adepts a mock sexy voice, "Oh but he is a real man." Pretending to
whisper, "Lover, you said we could, you know, get away!"
K’Ehneth is laughing, "OK, OK, I get it! No more cracks, little brother."

Kira asks, "So can you leave right away?"
"Sure, I'm related to the Chancellor."
Kira shakes her head, "Boy, you two really are brothers. Ken, Worf has the
Defiant, can you hook up with him?"
"Hmm . . . I think so. I’ll call him right now. . . Nerys, next to our
father, Karg is the greatest man I know. Welcome to the family. I’ll see you
in a
couple of days. Out.

Lt. Commander Karg
Chief Tactical & Chief Covert OPS Officer
USS Avalon