<USS Avalon> Breaking Up is Easy to Do

  • From: KovutTajArms@xxxxxxx
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 11:41:44 EST

 =/\= Breaking Up is Easy to Do =/\=
a Joint log between El-Kainah Ngiao and Dagny Taggert

       El-Kainah went back to his own quarters, after having left the
Library.  It was the first time he had gone there in a few days.  He had been
spending a lot of time in Dagny's bed.  Really, too much, as he had discovered
in the
Library.
       How could I have been so stupid? He asked himself as he entered his
quarters.  He went in the still Spartan quarters were not very hospitable.
Even
to one who lived there.  He came in and sat on the Starfleet issue sofa.  But
he still wasn't comfortable.
       You know better than that El.  You know you shouldn't lead with that
part of your anatomy.
       The chime at his door sounded, bringing him out of his
self-chastisement.  "Come in." he called.  He felt that it was Dagny and when
the door was
opened, he was proved correct.  "I'm glad you came, I need to talk to you."  He
said before she could even say anything.
       "Of course, El."  She smiled at him but it was forced, and he could
tell.
       "It isn't working, Dagny."  They were standing in the living area.
"We aren't right for one another."  He spoke with a finality in his voice.  "I
don't want to hurt you, and I have had fun, but I have to do what is right for
me."
       She nodded.  She knew they weren't supposed to be together in the long
run too.  "I've known for a few days, El.  I just didn't want to hurt you
either.  I've been talking to some friends.  They all saw it."
       "So have I." He admitted.  He took her hand.  It was like touching a
dead wire.  Nothing.  His mind went to Miri for some reason and recalled the
touch they had shared in the library.  It was completely opposite of the one he
and Dagny had just shared.
       He lead her to the sofa where they both could sit down.  "I'm sorry
Dagny."  He smiled at her a moment.  "Part of me wishes it could be different.
That we were different."
       She nodded as tears trickled from her eyes.  "We were both lonely El.
You more than me but both of us were lonely.  We filled each other for a
while, and..."  She trailed off a bit as El nodded his agreement.
       "We can still be good friends Dagny.  And I would like that very
much."  He smiled again.  She nodded.
       "Me too.  You're a nice guy El.  And who knows, maybe when we aren't
so lonely..."  She trailed off again.
       El nodded again, but he knew that they would never be together in that
way again.  He wasn't really even sure how close of friends they would end up
being.  But it was an offer he felt he had to make under the circumstances.
       She nodded silently before standing up.  "Well, I better let you get
ready.  I'll see you in Sickbay El."  She smiled at him a bit.  "We'll be fine
El, really."
       He nodded.  "Sure.  We can still have coffee on break together and
stuff."  He saw her face change but he decided to let it go.  "I'll see you
soon."  And with that, it was over between them.  And she left.