<USS Avalon> The Puppet Let Free

  • From: Anthony Manson <circus_ofde_damned@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Avalon Sim <avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 23:09:16 -0800 (PST)

The Puppet Let Free

by Lieutenant Commander Anthony Manson and Senior Lieutenant Alder Shimbrodus

Alder saw it before his eyes. There was no audio to this surveillance but it
looked like a stand off. Suddenly he saw Anthony reach for his combadge and
tapped twice.

He made a few quick commands and Anthony was back in their quarters. Making
sure that everything was covered, secured or deleted, Alder gestured over
someone else to take over as he got out of the bridge.

It didn?t take long, and Alder found himself in their quarters. Anthony no
where in sight.

"In here," he heard.

Anthony walked out of the bathroom, feeling a whole lot warmer now then in wet
clothes. It didn?t matter that Javan had holographic tricks, his clothes were
wet and it was freezing while Javan and his brother had their revelation.

"You alright?" Alder was already close to him, trying to see if there were any
bruises.

"Yeah, I?m fine. They?ll handle each other, kill each other, I don?t care. But
we?re out of it. I hope." Anthony gave him a smile.

Alder didn?t looked convinced, "you hope?"

"Only thing we can do, don?t you think?"

He nodded giving Anthony a tight hug, "I was freaking out on the bridge when I
thought Javan had gotten to you. Or that guy."

"I don?t know if Javan would?ve killed me. I mean," Anthony rested his chin on
Alder?s shoulder, "I mean... I know he would?ve if I kept at it, but.. There
was a hesitation.. Something. As for the agent, well..." He left it at that.
There was nothing to say. Nothing to tell, it was over. That was all that
mattered.

"Well what?"

Anthony closed his eyes, the hint of Alder?s cologne filling up his nose. It
was nice, and he missed it, "doesn?t matter now."