<USS Avalon> Back to Duty

  • From: Anthony Manson <circus_ofde_damned@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Avalon Sim <avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 20:53:44 -0800 (PST)

Back to Duty
by Lieutenant Commander Anthony Manson and Doctor Felicity Roan

Felicity had been handed the chart for Anthony and took a few moments to review
it and approached where he sat and silently re-read the PADD before sending
anything. With so many new crew, she wanted to be sure they weren't just
releasing people without attention to their care.

"Im released, Doctor?" Anthony said hopeful. While he was thankful Doctor Roan
had managed to get him out by late morning, Anthony wanted out to talk to
Alder.

He was back on board- or so Anthony thought he heard before Alder left from one
of his visits. The man was in and out- or maybe Anthony was dreaming that part
too. But if Sierra was on board, and it wasn't a dream, Anthony and Alder had
to set their plan in motion quickly, before it got too complicated and
entrenched to where they couldn't act in time.

After a few more moments, which probably felt like an Eternity, Felicity looked
at him and smiled politely, "Everything seems to be in order here.  It's a
curious injury, but here on the Avalon, it seems about right.  Do you have any
questions about your after-care, other wise I advise you to take it easy and
play nice with the Turbolifts?"

"I'll keep that in mind, Doctor," Anthony smiled. He got up from the bed. His
knee feel.. different, as if it took a worse hit than he thought. "Why does my
knee feel.. weird?"

Frowning, Felicity realised that something had been missed.  Using a tricorder,
she quickly could see that it was a simple sprain that would require some
attention.  "Seems a slight sprain slipped passed the other Doctor. No major
cause for alarm.  It should feel better in a few hours though.  If you feel the
need, you can alternate ice and heat."

"Oh," came his reponse, "I'll have to work on that. After this case is done."

Felicity nodded and while she was used to being put-off by the crew, couldn't
resist asking again about the Turbolift.

"Sorry, Doctor, I can't talk about it now. Not when the investigation is still
ongoing. Though, when and if this gets all settled, I'll fill you in," Anthony
nodded. "I just hope we can figure this out."

Felicity nodded simply has he left and pondered why things always seemed so odd
aboard the Avalon.

"Commander Manson, this is Lieutenant Marksbury." Their talk to seem to end
with Elissabeth's page.

"Yes, Lieutenant?"

"Would it be possible for us to meet? I have a few questions I'd like to ask
you."

Anthony looked at Doctor Roan, "am I released Doctor?"

"Yes, you are authorised to resume your regular duties," Roan replied.

Anthony got out of sickbay, "I'll meet you at your office if that's okay."

"That's fine. See you there."

Their talk ended, and Anthony had less then a handful of minutes to come up
with something.