<USS Avalon> "A Soldier Home From War"

  • From: "Brad Ruder" <groundzero@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 22:20:08 -0800

“A Soldier Home From War”
by Commander Javan Sierra
& Senior Lieutenant Caine Reilly McKinsely

With her eyes closed, Caine hummed along to the music she had playing softly through her quarters. It was so nice to have a quiet evening to herself while Hannah spent the night over at a friends. Moving her hand, Caine picked up the glass of wine she had sat on the edge of her tub and took a sip of it, giggling as she felt her wrinkled fingers against the glass.

Figuring she had been soaking long enough, Caine stood up from her still hot bubble bath and began to dry herself off. Caine slipped on a beautiful silk robe she had picked up at one of the stations they had stopped at and began to brush out her long blonde hair.

There was a slight hum and, in the blink of an eye, Javan stood in front of her with a dozen long-stemmed roses reached out to her. There was a sensual smile on his face as he motioned for her to take them. "I've missed you, babe," he said with a wink, "how have things been since I've been gone?"

More then a bit shocked at Javan's sudden appearance, it took Caine a few moments before she could take the flowers from his hand. "Oh Javan their beautiful thank you," she said and placed a small kiss on his cheek. She moved into the living room to find a vase to place the flowers, "Things have been the usual here, how did your away mission go?"

"It was..." he let his voice trail as he hesitated about how he wanted to word it. "I wouldn't say it was successful, but we got him back in one piece. It's up to the lawyers at the JAG corps to prosecute him now. And, is all I get a small peck on the cheek after being gone for so long?" He pulled her towards him and placed a kiss on her lips that lingered for a passionate second that seemed like an hour.

Caine was left a bit breathless after Javan's kiss. "Of course you get more then just a peck on the cheek," she said, once she was able to talk again. "I just wanted to get the flowers into water before I truly greeted you." A mischievous smile spread across Caine's lips as she wrapped her arms around Javan's neck and pulled him in for a good long kiss.

They released and he moved over to the couch, "Missed you a lot. And, I'm happy to be back in a dry environment. The rains of Ferenginar are enough to literally make you want to put a phaser in your mouth. It's the worst planet ever." He smiled and stretched out on the sofa and folded his arms behind her head.

Laughing, Caine followed him over to the couch. "You do know that rain could be fun some times, like if you go dancing in the rain or do what Hannah had me go do the other day and go puddle jumping," Caine smiled to herself over that fond memory.

She sat down on the edge of the couch, next to Javan's hips and rested her hands on his stomach. "Did you have any plans for tonight yet?"

"I'm wide open, what did you have in mind?"

Caine smiled again. "I don't know, I hadn't thought you were coming back so soon, so my plans had consisted of a bath, which I already did, some dinner and wine and then maybe a book later or just some 'me time'. But since your back, I'm more then willing to change my plans around for you."

He looked at her with surprising compassion, "No, why don't you spend some alone time tonight then. I've got some reports to file and I have some things I have to do anyway to make sure security is running in better shape. Plus, I'm still not cleaned up from the mission. Why don't we do dinner tomorrow? I'll even replicate it myself." He grinned.

Thoroughly surprised at what Javan said, it took Caine a bit of time before she was able to respond. "Well, since your not cleaned up from the mission, why don't I clean you up?" she asked in an innocent voice but with a not so innocent look her face.

He kissed her on the forehead and headed for the door, "We can do something tomorrow night, I promise."

A bit disappointed that she wouldn't be able to spend her night alone with Javan, she frowned slightly before putting a smile back on her face. "Okay, I'll try to find a babysitter for Hannah between now and then." Standing up, Caine moved towards the door with Javan. "I'm glad you made it back safely," she said before kissing him again on the cheek.

Javan grabbed her around the waist and leaned into her shoulder, kissing up the neck to her ear. Silently, barely audible, he whispered, "Holodeck Two, midnight." Like that, he swiveled on his heel and marched out the door into the corridor. Plans racing and ideas surfacing, Javan had forgotten just how much the job had affected him in the short duration of the mission. Time to get back into the game.

A small gasp had escaped her lips when she felt Javan kissing her again, but that sigh turned to a giggle after he left when she realized what he had said. Caine would be able to have a night in private with Javan and that made her feel like a giddy school girl again. Moving back into her quarters, she almost flopped down onto the couch before realizing she had no idea what she was going to wear. Moving with the speed of a determined woman, Caine began looking through her closets and draws trying to find the perfect outfit.